Robert H. Pratt, FCPE
B.S. – Architectural Engineering
University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
Bob’s service in the construction industry began in 1970 and encompasses cost estimating, scheduling, and project management. He joined Demand in 1987.
- Nine years on-site field experience with a Denver-based general contractor on projects including shopping malls, schools, transportation facilities, raw and waste water treatment plants, housing projects, and heavy structures.
- National President of the American Society of Professional Estimators, 1982-84. Became Fellow Certified Professional Estimator (FCPE) in 1991.
- Seven years consulting experience with Kellogg Corporation and Pricin Corporation. The latter is a company he founded to specialize in cost estimating software development as well as consulting and expert testimony services in estimating, claims, and scheduling.
- Has prepared construction cost estimates for conceptual designs, bid phase designs, and forensic estimates on change orders and claims.
- Experienced in preparation and defense of claims for contractors, owners, lenders, architects, sureties, and attorneys with special emphasis on damage calculations and delay impact analysis.
- Member AAA Panel of Construction Arbitrators and Mediators.
- Expert witness since 1982, helping resolve several hundred cases totaling over $500 million in dispute.